This is a no brainer if you know how to do something others would like to learn. I used to teach internet marketing and make tutorials to teach others how to do something online. Usually, it had to do with advertising their small business or their website. I would either charge for the instruction or use the instruction to get new clients.
One technique I used to use is to give away the first lesson free with no obligations. This gives others a chance to get to know you and see if your services are a good match. It’s usually informal and fun.
Here are some other teaching ideas I’ve seen or been a student of.
- Tutor kids – I know a few moms that do this on the side. They make a little money and it’s very rewarding.
- Can you play an instrument? Give music lessons.
- Craft night! Supply the snacks, drinks, and materials needed to make something fun.
- A seminar on cooking or baking. You could do this one-time or make it into a series.
- How to save money or make a budget for your family.
- The list is endless
Get started by telling your friends. It might be a good idea to try out a class with a couple of your besties and get feedback. They might have some good ideas on how to improve and how to advertise. Once you’re ready, you can advertise in local Facebook groups or apps like Nextdoor. After a class or two, word will spread quickly about your skills.